Aggressive actions on Spitting in Pune...
No matter print, TV or, Social media, more and more people are tended to, be in focus; may be as a person, or through an activity.
Cleanliness is a required one, personally and socially; it is must, but to what extent a compulsion should be observed? Medically, any person all time looking for hygiene levels or cleanness in surrounding is understood as a mental disease or sickness. So is, if any person force people to do something which is illegal and not practical.
People with support from officials are forcing others to clean their spit on the main roads/streets. In fact, this activity is illegal still officials are supporting this activity. Now a day there are some videos viral not on social medias, but some TV channels are also shooting and showing such, ‘forcing to clean own spit on street’ “activity”. Corporation office bearers are advocating and promoting it.
It’s a pity on officials thinking these people are doing a great job with such a stupid activity in fact it is illegal. It’s just horrible that, no single citizen is questioning authority ‘how such a activity is promoted by government officers which can’t stand viable legal in court of justice…
What is your priority?
a) There are almost a hundred thousand Dogs and a couple of thousand Cows in city area, we see them shit n pee on road; it’s not your priority to remove them from Pune city. Coz you know there are organizations working in their support.
b) There are pavements, walkways, footpaths encroached occupied by illegal food stalls. These stall owners are associated/organized besides, it’s a regular flow of income. Why would you take any action on them!
1) The activists are following so called western things blindly. In so called developed countries, ‘spiting on walk path only (garden’s and street’s footpath)’ has fine, and nowhere else and offcourse they don’t let any free animal to be on streets, they fine pet owners if pet pee or shit in public place.
2) Entire tropical and sub-tropical zone on the planet is known for water bound diseases and India is well-known for TB prone climate. Everyone knows spitting around is not good but, Cough and Asthma is common in families. This is why spitting is common in these regions. Not because people chew something like tobacco and spit, but non-tobacco product consumers also spit on streets.
3) From these videos you can see people spiting on streets are forces to clean it. There is no such provision in any law of land, and still police involvement can be noticed in this ‘illegal activity’.
Everyone may be the police involved, superior government officers or the readers; you all have mom-dad-kids or close ones or relatives, with this kind of trouble. just imagine your loved child, old one with cough had to clean street… Our loved corporators of Pune Municipal Corporation have vanished almost a thousand public urination facilities in last 2-3 decades with proper proceeding now they are planning to take people hostage for so called cleanness (may be first Spit free city in the world?).
On one hand I appreciate local body’s efforts in cleanness. Now a day I hardly see any crow in surrounding. Until four years back I was used to wake up with crows caws now I don’t here them in early mornings. But, here in this case… it’s too much…
They are not serious on and about dog attacks on senior citizens and children. There are almost 5k Dog bits each year in Pune city area itself. One can imagine the mismanagement of corporation. And to shade this they are doing activities ‘looking innocent on face’.
They don’t have any “what if” assumption. Just imagine any common frustrations these days; a person suffering from heavy cough (obviously an IT guy!) for a long time, too much bullied may by family, friends or at workplace, and you caught him spiting at signal (in video you showed men only! interesting) and forced him to clean that spit, took the video. This too much frustrated man brakes down; all possibilities of anger, depression.
1) Have you thought of possible aftermath of such illegal insults?
2) Do you have any idea of contingencies of scenarios?
3) Do you have any idea what people are suffering?
4) Do you think people can be suppressed to all extents?
You have no sense of ‘what if’ when managing any activity.
If you have any interest to understand global info abut 'spitting in public' just google it; you will come across much interesting info how this is handled or addressed mainly in developed countries...
Please have a look on below video related to above article